Frequently Ask Questions
Welcome to Access2drive Driving School Brooklyn Question and Answer Page. This page was designed with you, the student driver in mind. It will allow you to find appropriate answers to very frequent questions you may have or simply helping you to understand the necessary requirements when you are ready to take the wheels.
Do not hesitate to leave your comments or any questions you may need answered. Access2drive will try to attend to all your questions and concerns within 24 hours at all times. Remember we are the doctors of the driving school industry, do not forget we are always standing by to serve you.
1) What do I need to get started with a Driving School?
- New York State requires you to have a NYS permit to drive.
2) How many lessons would you say a new driver should take to learn to drive?
- NYS manual states on page 12, you should take 50 hours of driving before taking your road test with an extra 10 hours in traffic and night driving.
3) If I am under 18 years of age what do I need on my road test?
- You have to bring with you to the road test your NYS permit, 5 hour class certificate & DMV form MV-262.
4) What is DMV form MV-262?
- It is the form that is signed by your parents and states you completed 50 hours of driving before you take your road test.
5) If I am under 18 years how long will it take me to take my road test?
- You have to wait 6 months from getting your permit to set up a road test date. This time should be used for taking driving lessons on a regular basis.
6) Why does it take so long to get a road test date?
- DMV system of setting up a road test date gets booked out with other NYS permit clients setting up dates as well. You could wait 3 to 6 weeks for a test date.
7) Drivers Ed Program over using a driving school for my teenager?
8) How should I set up my Driving lessons training? How many driving lessons should I do in a week? this article will help you under how your package should workout. (click Driving lessons training for info)